Land Sales

The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act protects consumers from fraud and abuse when buying or leasing land from developers. If you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a complaint by writing to HUD. In your letter, be sure to include:

A description of your problem;
The name and address of the developer;
The name of the salesperson;
The date of your purchase;
The name of the subdivision;
The lot number; and
Copies (don’t send originals!) of sales documents or other related information.

Also, be sure to let us know whether or not you got a Property Report when you bought the land.

Send your complaint to:

Office of RESPA and Interstate Land Sales
Room 9146
Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street SW
Washington, DC 20410




    Fannie Mae
    Freddie Mac
Ginnie Mae


Discussion Forum

Recent Posts -


No Money Down
Homeowners - get fast, easy & free online mortgage answers.

1st Time Homeowner

Search MortgageSector for Low Rate Loans! Get Info & Apply online here.

Save Online

Compare offers on interest on adjustable mortgages. Get Started now!

By visiting Allie Mae you have taken your first step toward becoming an educated borrower. Allie Mae is an objective, independent source of information for the mortgage consumer. Whether you are buying a home, refinancing, taking a home equity loan, building a home or in need of a mortgage for any purpose, Allie Mae is here to help. Allie Mae has helped thousands of people with their mortgage needs. We have a complete selection of articles, charts, calculators, and checklists designed to help you through the mortgage and home buying process.

© 2004 Copyright AllieMae. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy   Legal  Terms & Conditions   Webmaster   Site Map    Application
About   Contact Us   Forum   Dictionary   Calculators   Articles   Free Content